New blog theme!! *applause*
How was everyone’s month? June was a WONDERFUL month for me. Friends, scribblings, lots of coffee… some amateur photography attempts…
Anyway. I was tagged by Emma at Real and Official Matters, a happy little blog that’s just taking off. Thanks for the tag, friend!
I present The Interrogation Tag.
Get To Know Me:
1. What are 3-5 little known facts about yourself?
- I really, REALLY want a wolf. Like, for a companion. And it would be the coolest thing EVER if we could talk to each other. So basically a telepathic, weirdly intelligent wolf friend (don’t tell my dog I said any of this).
- I’m still adjusting to being a young adult and acting like one… often I’m caught breaking into spontaneous running or jumping.
- I LOVE singing, but I’m not a fan of my singing voice. So if you get to hear me singing I like/trust you REALLY well… or else I didn’t know you were standing there.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Oh my. Probably either England or Australia. The accents both places are great, and the Australian animals are really cool. Also, English food. Can’t forget the English food. It’s a toss-up.
3. What are your favorite and least favorite foods?
Ugh, this is hard. Because I’m kind of crazy about most food… I guess five basic foods I really love would be:
- All things potato. Baked, mashed, boiled, fried. They’re the best.
- Cheesecake. Just. Cheesecake.
- Strawberries (thanks to an obscure allergy I have, they’re – for some inexplicable reason – one of the only two raw fruits I’m able to eat. love these loyal guys).
- I’m also an insane fan of my mom’s macaroni and cheese
- You can tell I’m all about the healthy foods, right??
Three basic foods I detest:
- Blueberry pie/cobbler (i know that is the weirdest thing ever. i give no explanations or excuses).
- Pork. Ugh.
- And coleslaw is beyond disgusting.
4.What are some of your hobbies?
Well, I guess writing doesn’t count since I’d like to consider that more of a lifework than a hobby. I enjoy reading, occasional baking, photography, the infrequent arranging of flowers, and Pinterest (yes, pinterest totally counts as a hobby).
5. Tea or Coffee?
COFFEE! Swirled with hazelnut creamer, sometimes cinnamon. But (for the benefit of you outraged tea-lovers out there) several teas I’ve tried have been amazing as well.
1. Do you like books or movies better?
Definitely books, but movies are wonderful as well. Especially movies based on my favorite books. So long as they don’t butcher the storyline too brutally, that is. The 2006 version of Jane Eyre did a pretty great job of adhering to the story… it’s one of my favorite movies.
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
I enjoy a lot of speculative fiction subgenres… fantasy and dystopian, that kind of thing. Ooh, and historical fiction.
3. What are some of your favorite books?
Ohhh, I have an overwhelming number of favorites. But these are some I never get tired of, in all the times I re-read them:
- Jane Eyre
- Ella Enchanted
- Rilla of Ingleside
- Magic for Marigold (i first read that one when i was about ten, and have loved it wildly ever since)
- Little Women
- The Hobbit
And there are so many, many more.
4. A fictional character (or maybe 3) you’d like to be friends with?
Okay. Sorry folks, but I am going to have to make this five. Rilla, from Rilla of Ingleside. Dashti, from Book of a Thousand Days. Calvin O’Keefe from A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels. Maude, from The Misadventures of Maude March. And Ella, from Ella Enchanted.
5. Prettiest book cover that you own.
Probably L.M. Montgomery’s The Blue Castle. The font and cover illustration are lovely.
1. What is your favorite writing snack?
Umm, I’ll eat ANYTHING when I’m hungry and writing.
2. When did you start writing?
At about six or seven. For the first few years of this I thought I wanted to be a poet, and I still have notebooks filled with my less-than-extraordinary efforts. There were a few that I’ve saved fondly, but I’m DEFINITELY more prose-inclined now.
3.Why do you write?
Ummm. (What am I supposed to say here?) I guess just overall to glorify the Lord, and because I love it. LOVE it. There, that wasn’t so bad. XD
4. What is your favorite genre to write?
I like trying my hand at a lot of styles and genres, but my favorite is probably fantasy. The research is so easy in comparison to historical fiction and other real-world genres. There’s some research that has to be done, but when you’re really and truly not sure about something you can just MAKE IT UP.
And the tag goes to Zane, who helped create these questions and I can tell is going to have a really good time with this. :D
How was June for you? If you’d like to take this tag and do it yourself, feel free (also comment below to make my day fantabulous).